Dates and Hours of Operations
May 29 through October 10, 2021
Open Tuesday - Sunday, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Children Under 15: Free
Mount Independence State Historic Site
497 Mount Independence Road
Orwell, Vermont 05760
To reach the site, at the intersection of VT Routes 22A and 73 in Orwell, turn west on VT Route 73. Take the first left onto Mount Independence Road. Mount Independence Road will turn to gravel; follow the road to the left up a hill. The parking lot for the historic site is on the left at the top of the hill. Map it!
- Gift Shop
Save on Admission
In addition to Vermont Days and Bennington Battle Day, here are more ways for eligible Vermonters to explore our Historic Sites throughout the season at free or reduced rates:
- All active military personnel (and immediate family members) are always admitted free. Thank you for your service.
- All State-owned Historic Sites offer discounted rates for pre-registered groups over a specified size. Call sites for details.
Green Mountain Passport
- $2 lifetime day-use pass available to VT residents who:
- Are 62 years of age or older OR
- Are veterans honorably discharged from active duty in the US armed services
- Only available from your local town clerk's office
Green Mountain Passport Application
Green Mountain Passport Info
- Any Vermonter can check out a Free Pass from the local library. Each pass provides access for up to 8 people.
- Available to check out from your local library
- Each pass provides access for up to 8 people
- Visit your local library for more information
- Pets are permitted on the grounds and trails
- Pets are not permitted in the buildings except for Service Dogs
- Pets must be on a leash
- Please pick up after your pet
Phone: (802) 759-2412. During the season you can call Mount Independence directly at: (802) 948-2000.
Email to: email@example.com
Or write: Site Administrator, Mount Independence Historic Site, 8149 VT Route 17W, Addison, VT 05491