Dates and Hours of Operations
May 29 through October 31, 2021
Open Friday - Monday, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Admissions: Free (ground level only, observation level closed)
Bennington Battle Monument
15 Monument Circle
Bennington, VT 05201
Bennington is located at the junction of US Route 7 and State Route 9 in the southwest corner of Vermont.
The Bennington Battle Monument is situated on Monument Circle at the top of Monument Avenue. From the center of Bennington, follow West Main Street (State Route 9) up the hill past the Bennington Museum. At the Old First Church, take a sharp right on Monument Avenue; the Monument is straight ahead. Map It!
- Gift Shop
In addition to Vermont Days and Bennington Battle Day, here are more ways for eligible Vermonters to explore our Historic Sites throughout the season at free or reduced rates:
- All active military personnel (and immediate family members) are always admitted free. Thank you for your service.
- All State-owned Historic Sites offer discounted rates for pre-registered groups over a specified size. Call sites for details.
Green Mountain Passport
- $2 lifetime day-use pass available to VT residents who:
- Are 62 years of age or older OR
- Are veterans honorably discharged from active duty in the US armed services
- Only available from your local town clerk's office
Green Mountain Passport Application
Green Mountain Passport Info
- Any Vermonter can check out a Free Pass from the local library. Each pass provides access for up to 8 people.
- Available to check out from your local library
- Each pass provides access for up to 8 people
- Visit your local library for more information
- Pets are permitted on the grounds and trails
- Pets are not permitted in the buildings except for Service Dogs
- Pets must be on a leash
- Please pick up after your pet
Phone: (802) 447-0550
Or write: Site Administrator, Bennington Battle Monument, 15 Monument Circle, Old Bennington, VT 05201