Dates and Hours of Operation
May 26 through October 9, 2023
Open Friday - Sunday, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Children (under 15): Free
Preregistered Group Rate (10+): $5.00 adult
Senator Justin Morrill Historic Site
214 Justin Morrill Highway
Strafford, VT 05072
From I-89, take Exit 2 (Sharon), and drive northeast on VT Route 132 for six miles to South Strafford Village. In South Strafford, bear left at the intersection onto Justin Smith Morrill Highway and drive two miles to Strafford Village. The Homestead is located on the right side of the road at the south end of the village. Map it!
- Landscaped Gardens
- Walking and Hiking Trails
Save on Admission
In addition to Vermont Days and Bennington Battle Day, here are more ways for eligible Vermonters to explore our Historic Sites throughout the season at free or reduced rates:
- All Veterans and active military personnel (and immediate family members) are always admitted free. Thank you for your service.
- All State-owned Historic Sites offer discounted rates for pre-registered groups over a specified size. Call sites for details.
Green Mountain Passport
- $2 lifetime day-use pass available to VT residents who:
- Are 62 years of age or older OR
- Are veterans honorably discharged from active duty in the US armed services
- Only available from your local town clerk's office
Green Mountain Passport Application
Green Mountain Passport Info
- Any Vermonter can check out a Free Pass from the local library. Each pass provides access for up to 8 people.
- Available to check out from your local library.
- Each pass provides access for up to 8 people.
- Visit your local library for more information.
- Pets are permitted on the grounds and trails.
- Pets are not permitted in the buildings except for Service Dogs.
- Pets must be on a leash.
- Pick up after your pet.
- Parking is provided
- Accessible parking (2 spots) are located north of the Education Center, across from the Ice House Bridge
Phone: During open hours call: (802) 765-4484, at all other times call: (802) 828-3051
Or write: VT Division for Historic Preservation, Attention: Historic Sites Chief, One National Life Drive, Davis Building, 6th Floor, Montpelier, VT 05620