Dates and Hours of Operations
July 3 through October 11
Open Friday-Sunday 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Children Under 15: Free
Chimney Point State Historic Site
8149 VT Route 17W
Addison, VT 05491
From northern and eastern Vermont, take US Route 7 south to VT Route 22A, then proceed on Route 17 west. Take the left turn immediately before the Lake Champlain Bridge. From southern Vermont, take VT Route 30 or VT Route 22A north to Route 125 west. Take the left turn immediately before the Lake Champlain Bridge.
From New York State, cross the Lake Champlain Bridge, 4 miles east of Route 9N and 22, and take the first right turn immediately after crossing the bridge. Map it!
- Gift Shop
- Fishing Access
Save on Admission
In addition to Vermont Days and Bennington Battle Day, here are more ways for eligible Vermonters to explore our Historic Sites throughout the season at free or reduced rates:
- All active military personnel (and immediate family members) are always admitted free. Thank you for your service.
- All State-owned Historic Sites offer discounted rates for pre-registered groups over a specified size. Call sites for details.
Green Mountain Passport
- $2 lifetime day-use pass available to VT residents who:
- Are 62 years of age or older OR
- Are veterans honorably discharged from active duty in the US armed services
- Only available from your local town clerk's office
Green Mountain Passport Application
Green Mountain Passport Info
- Any Vermonter can check out a Free Pass from the local library. Each pass provides access for up to 8 people.
- Available to check out from your local library
- Each pass provides access for up to 8 people
- Visit your local library for more information
- Pets are permitted on the grounds and trails
- Pets are not permitted in the buildings except for Service Dogs
- Pets must be on a leash
- Pick up after your pet
Phone: (802) 759-2412
Or write: Site Administrator, Chimney Point State Historic Site, 8149 VT Route 17W, Addison, VT 05491