Dates and Hours of Operations
Open July 6 through October 13
Open Saturday & Sunday 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Chester Arthur Historic Site
4588 Chester Arthur Rd.
Fairfield, VT 05455
To reach the site from the west, take Route 36 from St. Albans and travel approximately seven miles to Fairfield. At the small village of Fairfield, head north and bear right after approximately one mile and then continue five miles to the Historic Site. The road will turn to gravel.
To reach the site from the east, take Route 108 and approximately 4 miles from either Bakersfield or Enosburg go west on a gravel road approximately two miles to the Historic Site. Map it!
- Picnic Area
Save on Admission
In addition to Vermont Days and Bennington Battle Day, here are more ways for eligible Vermonters to explore our Historic Sites throughout the season at free or reduced rates:
- All active military personnel (and immediate family members) are always admitted free. Thank you for your service.
- All State-owned Historic Sites offer discounted rates for pre-registered groups over a specified size. Call sites for details.
Green Mountain Passport
- $2 lifetime day-use pass available to VT residents who:
- Are 62 years of age or older OR
- Are veterans honorably discharged from active duty in the US armed services
- Only available from your local town clerk's office
Green Mountain Passport Application
Green Mountain Passport Info
- Any Vermonter can check out a Free Pass from the local library. Each pass provides access for up to 8 people.
- Available to check out from your local library
- Each pass provides access for up to 8 people
- Visit your local library for more information
- Pets are permitted on the grounds and trails
- Pets are not permitted in the buildings except for Service Dogs
- Pets must be on a leash
- Please pick up after your pet
Phone: (802) 933-8362 during hours the site is open. At all other times call: (802) 828-3051
Or write: Vermont Division for Historic Preservation, Attention: Historic Sites Operations Chief, One National Life Drive, 6th Floor, Montpelier, VT 05620-1201