Visitors can step back in time and celebrate the traditions of the season when the President Calvin Coolidge State Historic Site hosts the “Coolidge Holiday Open House” on Saturday, December 2, from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. The open house has been selected as a 2017-2018 “Top 10 Winter Event” by the Vermont Chamber of Commerce.
Select museum buildings, including the homestead where President Calvin Coolidge was sworn in as president of the United States, will be open. The Coolidge Birthplace will be decorated as it would have been in 1872, the year the future president was born. The event is free and features activities for the entire family.
- Free Admission to the historic village
- Great Winter Hat Contest prizes will be awarded
- Sampling of Award-Winning Cheeses at the Plymouth Cheese Factory
- Homemade Chocolate Demonstrations and Tastings with The Chocolatorium
- Coolidge Rocker Making Demostration with Brent Karner of Clear Lake Furniture
- Seasonal Piano and Organ Music by Steve Morse
- Wreath and Ornament-Making for all ages
- Holiday Shopping
- Lunch at the Wilder House
- Sleigh Rides with Fred DePaul
- Traditional Craft Demonstrations
- Special Cancellation at the historic Plymouth Post Office and more!